Re: Educational activity and school

From: Peg Griffin (Peg.Griffin@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 12:56:51 PDT

I'd like to cross reference the question about understanding educational
activity with the "identity" thread in the discussion of the Roth et al
article, Okay?

The PS in my post of today's date in that thread may give some idea of how I
come to think about it as well as these references:
In 1984, with Mike Cole, I wrote about it in "Current activity for the
future: The Zo-ped." In B. Rogoff and J.V. Wertsch, eds., New Directions
for Child Development, No. 23. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. Pp. 45-64.
In 1989, with Catherine King, Esteban Diaz, and Mike, I wrote about it in
Socialno-istoricheskii Podhod V Psychologii Obuchenia (Sociohistorical view
on the psychology of learning). Boris Velichovsky., trans. Moscow:
Pedagogika. SEE English draft on line
http://lchc.ucsd.edu/Pubs/NEWTECHN.pdf

Peg Griffin