Culture politics

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 07:31:16 PST

Dear everybody-

I do not want to side-track Bill's discussion, but it touches upon my long
desired inquiry. Does anybody know about any research on politics of
defining culture (e.g., what is counted as "culture", who is considered
"cultured" and who is "not", who decides what is culture and for what
purposes, how "culture" argument was historically used in political debates,
by whom, and for what purposes)? I'd like to educate myself on this issue.

Eugene

Especially