Re: hollywood's context

From: Sazon (sazon@kursknet.ru)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 23:40:00 PST

Dear Mike and Eugene,

Your comments on hollywoods films are very interesting. When I read Eugene's
comment I was about to agree, then Mike's surprise brought another issue:
Is it that we ignore the socio-cultural context if it is not familiar to us?
I think probably we do at the level of perceptions and emotions. Probably,
unfamiliar context doesn't contribute much to meaning interpretation, though
it is informative by itself.
Tatiana