Chelm is next to Chevan!

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 20:18:37 PST

Here is a job that I would take in the blink of an eyebrow if I were a
few decades younger. If you do not know that Chelm is the center of the
Universe, your map is out of date!
:-)
mike
----------
To: mryder@carbon.cudenver.edu
Subject: co-operation

Dear Martin; It is the area of your interest which made me contact you. I
am an applied linguist specializing in foreign language teaching
methodology where among a variety of theories I also teach and discuss
constructivism and its role and position in language studies. As
Chairperson of English Department of the State School of Higher Education
in Chelm, Poland I am also responsible for the faculty. We offer
undergraduate studies and on the basis of inter-university agreement our
students continue towards M.A at Maria Curie University in Lublin from
where the majority of our faculty come. Next cademic year, starting in
October we introduce American literature as a separate course (we also
think about opening American Studies in the future). Unfortunately, due to
some inconvenieces and health problems, the professor who was supposed to
teach the course cannot come this year and we are desperately looking for
substitution. This is the reason why I am writing to you with my kind
request of finding a young holder of Ph.D. in literature who could decide
on joining our faculty and experience teaching in Poland. We also think
that such a link could develop some other programs such as exchange and
co-operation. I am sorry for bothering you somehow unexpectedly but
sometimes unexpected and unusual links may appear most fruitful.
Regards, Tomasz