Re: re internet and politics

From: N*** (vygotsky@nateweb.info)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 18:18:37 PST

http://www.proles.net/

The thing I'm wondering is how his scream is actually spelled. It's part scream/shout and part yelp (I throw it in reversed towards the end of the mp3 and it sounds like a dog barking or something). Common suggestions seem to be "yeargh" and "yearg", but if you listen to it there doesn't actually seem to be much of a g sound. So maybe just "yarr" like a pirate would be apropos. But there isn't even much of an r sound particularly, so perhaps just "yea"... but you need a consonant on the end to give it power, otherwise it just looks like, well, "yeah". Even though it might not sound exactly like it, I think I might settle on calling it "yeargh".

--- Bill Barowy <wbarowy@attbi.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 24 January 2004 5:14 pm, David Preiss
> wrote:
> > .... Is this a new way of "appropriation" of
> politics?
>
> yeeaaaAAAAHHH!!!!!!
>
> bb

Nate Schmolze
Homepage: http://nateweb.info
Vygotsky Project: http://vygotsky.nateweb.info
Email: vygotskyatnatewebdotinfo

The flag is only a symbol of the fact that man is still a herd animal.

Albert Einstein