Re: real and virtual worlds

From: Ricardo Japiassu (rjapias@uol.com.br)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 02:54:21 PST

"Firstly, 'class consciousness' has an important double-meaning: (1) an individual's identification with a social class, and (2) the self-consciousness of a social class. These two are obviously inter-related and inseparable historically." Oudeys

Hi all,

According to marxian ideas - and in the theoric network of historical-dialectical materialist approach - it is necessary to have in mind two different ways of understanding the concept of class: (1) as class IN itself and (2) as class TO itself. Roughly I'd say that first notion is much more related to what we call "false consciousness" and the last one to a "true" consciousness.

Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu
Universidade do Estado da Bahia/Uneb
http://www.uneb.br