These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Xmca-l] On Vivian Paley -- Symbolic Dev and play



MIKE & CO:  Once-upon-a-long-time-ago -- and as you may (or may not!) remember -- we had a Vivian-P-inspired symposium at SRCD . . . coincidentally the last time it was held in Seattle.  Another coincidence -- I'm teaching a course on "Play" this semester where we're reading two of her more recent books.  Which is why I had easy access to this -- the LCHC Newsletter that emerged from that symposium.  One or more of you may find at least the closing, audience-member comments/commentary interesting . . . if only for historical reasons!  FRANK (KESSEL)  



________________________________________
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of mike cole <lchcmike@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:38 AM
To: xmca-l@ucsd.edu
Subject: [Xmca-l]  Symbolic Dev and play

I am still away from home, but near email. While musing in the woods I was
wondering where the query on recent research in cultural historical vein
had gotten to. All I saw before disappearing from the grid was references
to Vyg himself.

Then I started to think about the work of Vivian Paley which I should think
offers a plenitude of compelling examples relevant to this issue. Was this
work discussed and I missed it?

Mike


Attachment: Paley LCHC.pdf
Description: Paley LCHC.pdf