These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

movement / learning Re: [xmca] schools kill creativity?



On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, mike cole wrote:

And ditto re movement and learning. An idea that Wade Boykin
championed many years ago, but he was not listened to.
mike

As I read this, I happen to be working with Bruner's developmental series of enactive, iconic, and symbolic representation.

Bruner, J. S. (1964). The course of cognitive growth. American Psychologist, 19(1), 1-15.

It's amazing how when I'm as intensely involved now in what I'm writing, everywhere I turn I see things that mesh this closely.

_______________________________________________
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca