Re: [xmca] CHAT and Archetypes

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 18:11:06 PDT

Andy--
I do not know if this is helpful, but you might read up on Eisenshtein's use
of Jungian archetypes. He worked with LSV
and Luria at times. There is a long explanation about the why's of this
collaboration which I know only a little about,
but Eisenshtein had to communicate complex emotions and ideas (exploitation,
grief) without any sound and a largely non-literate audience. Montage was
his tool. but to make montage work, you need to be sure that viewers "share"
the
two representations being juxtaposed, and archetypes would provide that.
 (The technique did not work out as easily
as Eisenshtein hoped it would, but its an "in" to your topic, perhaps.
mike