RE: [xmca] Re: One more example: errors in translation/interpretation

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Sat Mar 29 2008 - 20:01:56 PDT

I am currently reading Levi-Strauss's "The Savage Mind" (1962), which
directly contradicts much of the view of the topic amongst the Vygotsky
School (e.g. that the language of tribal people was poor in abstractions,
or that their concepts are like complexes). I will raise this topic again
when I have finished the book, but I'd be interested to know if there has
been a previous discussion in print by CHAT theorists about Levi-Strauss's
conception of "The Savage Mind".

Andy

  Andy Blunden : http://home.mira.net/~andy/ tel (H) +61 3 9380 9435,
mobile 0409 358 651