[Xmca-l] Re: Interpreting videos

Well, my first reaction is what terrible damage this practice of ghettoising the population does. But then I see that the video is about 1 of the 4 academies at the school, the "Center for Social Justice" I think it was. The 4mins of video lead me to suggest that the approach may be similar to that advocated by Anna Stetsenko and to some extent Helena Worthen and Morten Nissen (and indeed Paulo Friere is brought to mind). That is, the kids are invited to address their own social situation and grievances, and the staff support the kids is building a project, with others, to recrtify these grievances as social issues and not individual problems or defects. If this is the case, more power to their elbow.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.mira.net/~andy/

mike cole wrote:
It would be very helpful to folks at LCHC if people on XMCA could check out
this video and see what they can make of it.
If you have 5 mins, take a peek.

mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bheM3NVRIdg