[Xmca-l] Re: Interpreting videos

Mike,
While watching the video, I was also reflecting on Jennifer and Rachael's
article being discussed.
The sense of agency which develops and is expressed through the
conversations where *we* are referencing *our* school. Jennifer mentioned
the concept of prolepsis [anticipatory AS IF perspective] as an ethical
weight carrying the responsibility of guiding the students through the act
of  creating *spaces/places which supports the students [and instructors]
shifting  perspectives.  Students are expressing their ability to act in
concert. Developing a felt *agency* as a genetic process. Also the concept
of analepsis was displayed in the film  AS the invoking of past experiences
WITHIN current experience. This prolepsis/analepsis couplet as a genre or
motif which invites the students to imagine themselves differently through
their shared conversations with each other. I'm suggesting the film can be
viewed through the lens of communicative praxis. This conversational
*space* permeating and enveloping ways of talking which express a unity of
both discourse AND action. This way of talking about *our school* mediating
shifts in identification within the *school* culture. Mediating  a felt
sense of belonging to the school as a contributing member of the school
community.
Larry