[xmca] Dangers of restricting developmental theory to cognition and epistemology -narrowly conceived

Mike, Christine, Andy

The discussions on *concepts* and the other thread with Joseph Glick have
left me curious to learn more about the *Heinz Werner Institute*
Joseph's article briefly introducing the biography of Heinz Werner and
Mike's pointing us in that direction as maybe being *useful* left me
wanting to know more.
The trajectory of development may be more like a *capilliary* movement
 flowing through culture overflowing fuzzy boundaries.

I wanted to share a resource I located. I googled *Heinz Werner Institute*
and *moral goods* and found a used book titled *Value Presuppositions In
Theories of Human Development* edited by Leonard Cirillo and Seymour
Wapner. Here is the link to google books.http://books.google.ca/books
http://books.google.ca/books?id=VRou5p-TbegC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Cirillo+and+Wapner&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Z--sUN2hKIjTigKblIG4Bw&redir_esc=y

This book derives from a conference in 1983 at Clark University sponsored
by The Heinz Werner Institute.
The format, where each author presents his or her perspective and then the
other authors ask questions was excellent for exploring *social goods, as
moral goods*.

Thank you for this moment of serendipity.

Larry