[xmca] Fwd: Defectology : any recent developments ?

Forwarded for Laure K--

From: Laure Kloetzer <laure.kloetzer@gmail.com>
Date: 2010/12/24
Subject: Defectology : any recent developments ?
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>

Dear all,

May I introduce myself ? I am working in Switzerland but I am
associated to the team Clinic of Activity, CNAM, Paris, directed by
Yves Clot who some of you know personnally. Roughly we are dealing
with developmental methodologies for work research, development, cross
self confrontations, instructions to the double, trying to pursue a
cultural-historical, Vygotskian work psychology. I have been
discovering and enjoying for some weeks now your famous discussions on
XMCA.

I had a question for the group, maybe not directly related to your
central topics of discussion but anyway : I was wondering if some
research teams had been experimenting recently with developments of
Vygotski' defectology ? Has this line of research with handicap,
impaired children and adults, been pursued and how ? Is this
Vygotskian defectology still alive and where ? I know about some
people in Fribourg here (Switzerland) but would be grateful to learn
more.

Many thanks for your help,
And a happy new year to all !
Laure Kloetzer, PhD