[xmca] FW: January conference in Mexico City--The Students We Share

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patricia Gandara <pcgandara@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: January conference in Mexico City--The Students We Share
To: ELLADVOC@asu.edu

I have attached a flyer about a conference that may interest some of
you, sponsored by the Civil Rights Project, ASU, AERA, COMIE and
others to be held January 15 - 16 in Mexico City. Entitled Estudiantes
Compartidos/The Students We Share:  New Research from Mexico and the
US, it includes some of the US's and Mexico's leading researchers on
migration and education. (Everything will be done in translation)  It
is being held at the lovely Casa de California near Coyoacán.
Registration is very limited and costs $50/$25 for students.  This
includes meals as well!  And we have reserved nice hotel rooms nearby
for $50 per night.
We have a few $200 scholarships for students doing research or
planning to do research in related areas.

Details can all be found at www.civilrightsproject.ucla.edu
<http://www.civilrightsproject.ucla.edu/>

Patricia Gándara
Professor of Education, UCLA
Co-Director, The Civil Rights Project/
Proyecto Derechos Civiles
Graduate School of Education & IS
3329 Moore Hall Box 951521
Los Angeles 90095-1521
310 267-4875; FAX 310 474-0647

Alternate Contact:
Laurie Russman
Administrative Coordinator/Coordinadora Administrativa
The Civil Rights Project/Proyecto Derechos Civiles
UCLA Graduate School of Education & Information Studies
3323 Moore Hall, Box 951521
Los Angeles, California 90095-1521
(ph) 310-267-5562
(fax) 310-206-6293