Re: [xmca] imagination/creativity and so on (A)

That is a really clear statement of Davydov's approach, intelligently
implemented and explicated, Dot.
Thanks.

But does it point me toward what I so badly need? Perhaps. Perhaps the
proper way for me to
proceed is to generalize Peter's approach based on VVD's work and create a
set of activities
for kids aged 9-10 that will give them a proper, object-oriented,
generalized, and reflective understanding of number and the rest will fall
into place. A daunting prospect in the short term,
but clearly worth exploring (under the guidance of Peter, and/or Jean
Schmittau, or......) to the
problem of 4th graders who cannot subtract but are expected to do long
division.

While I am thinking, how about convincing the experts to speak up about
whether I am imagining this issue or not?!!
mike