Re: [xmca] My ISCAR

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 27 2008 - 08:59:28 PDT

Super interesting discussion, Steve. Thanks. Seems like Mary's paper should
be added to those for discussion, but our plate is getting so full!!

In this connection, there is a tie for article from XMCA for
discussion.Someone who has not, please vote and let us get that
article made avaialable
by Taylor
and Francis for all.

Mary-- Perhaps you can simply send your paper to XMCA and them which has the
time/inclination can start discussing?

Emily. I misread your initial summary of Carl's point. I thought you wrote
that
that cultural psych must attend to explanation, but it turns out to be
exploitation.
Echoing Steve on the inattention to class.

Negative zopeds:

Seems like we have to ask ourselves about "which way is up," the implicit or
explicit teleology that allows us to speak of development/regression. In the
*Construction Zone*, Denis Newman, Peg Griffin, and I have an example of
"regression" or "negative development" that could be linked to the idea of a
negative zoped. But I am not sure this is a useful way to talk. It sort of
suggests that all development occurs only if there is a specifically
designed zoped to induce it. Life is messier than that is my intuition.