Re: [xmca] Re: déjatel’ nost’

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 27 2008 - 09:19:22 PDT

This "old" discussion seems to connect to the post ISCAR messages in the
comments that Steve made on the use of the activity triangle as a tool of
thought.

From all the richness of the discussion, this point stuck out for me:

Mohammed Elhammoumi argues in a paper he will present at ISCAR that the unit
of analysis is the social relations of production. If that is the case - I
find this idea thought provoking - then activity would be an element in that
larger entity - activities are carved out of the existing social relations
and artifacts (artifacts include nature insofar as humans directly interact
with it).

Question: Might this UoA be termed, "joint, mediated, activity" ?