Re: [xmca] déjatel¹ nost¹

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Fri Sep 05 2008 - 06:39:38 PDT

I think the two things at play are:

(1) The "cell" or conception of the science as the essence
problem underlying a series of inter-related problems in a
certain domain of experience, and
(2) The "real premises", or the conception the researcher
has of the underlying reality.

In "rising from the abstract to the concrete" the point is
to reconstruct the concrete as a concentration of
abstractions, one of which is the commodity relation. Sure,
if you want to understand *everything* then many conceptions
will be necessary. But Marx only set out to understand
capital. If you want to understand ovarian cancer or Hindu
sculpture, the commodity relation will not be sufficient.

Apologies for my carelessness in talking of the commodity
relation as "commodity". And enjoy yourselves in San Diego.

Andy