[xmca] is Leontiev (1983) available in English?

From: Dot Robbins <drobbins72000 who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 15:00:08 PDT

Steve wrote: "For sure, we need Leontiev's writings already in English back in
print, and more translated and published.  I wonder if there is
anything else in English by Leontiev we might be able to get on one of
these sites in the meantime."

In the Journal of Russian & East European Psychology, there are three issues of A. N. Leontiev in English. Vol. 43, Nos. 3, 4, 5, 2005. The first issue is a translation written as a small book for the 100th centennial celebration of Leontiev's life and the conference in Moscow. The second issue has an introduction by E. E. Sokolova, and The Study of the Environment in the Pedological Works of L. S. Vygotsky; Transference of Action as a Function of Intellect; The Problem of the Development of the Intellect and Learning in Human Psychology; Paper Presented at the All-Union Institute of Experimental Medicine. And the third issue has lectures transcribed and translated. The lectures are taken from a book from 2000, Smysl. I have an extra copy of the Russian version, and would be happy to send it to anyone who is interested. Also, in 2005, Dmitry Leontiev (with A. A. Leontiev  [he worked on it before his death on August 12, 2004], and E. E. Sokolova)
 published a book called A. N. Leontiev: Activity, Consciousness, Personality....There are very interesting pictures, commentaries, a re-publication of Activity, Consciousness, Personality, oral biobliographical notes on A. N. Leontiev, and a listing of all (or most) of his publications. I would love to see this book translated into English, if anyone would be interested in such a project. It might be an interesting idea to have an interview with Dmitry Leontiev about his grandfather, and have that published. If there is interest, I would be happy to contact him about that.

with good wishes to all,
Dot