Re: [xmca] review of Italian translation of Thinking and Speech

From: bella kotik <bella.kotik who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 02:23:14 PDT

I was editing the Hebrew translation of "Thinking and Speech". Unfortunately
1934 edition was unavailable for me and I used only the Russian 2nd volume
of the 6 and found only one printing mistake that distorted the meaning and
corrected it. I'd be grateful to discover what were the discrepancies
between 1934 and 1982 editions. But what I found and my students find now
when they experience difficulty with Hebrew and look into English for help,
that in the English version of Kozulin there are some lacunae. In most
difficult cases my literary editor, who does not know Russian, looked into
English version and could NOT find that specific sentence or paragraph. As
hebrew version is a complete translation from Russian they ask...

Sincerely yours Bella Kotik-Friedgut