Re: [xmca] Book review - Gesture and the Dynamic Dimension of Language

From: Phil Chappell <philchappell who-is-at mac.com>
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 01:44:31 PDT

Thanks back to you, Ana - the book you mention is one that slipped me
by and I have already made an order for it. By the way, you may or may
not recall Wollf-Michael Roth's very useful overview of research on
gesture that was mentioned here a while ago.

Roth, W.-.M. 2001, Gestures - Their Role in Teaching and Learning,
Review of Educational Research, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 365-93.

I'd be happy to send you a copy if you don't have access.
Unfortunately for me, gesture has become something that I wasn't going
to include in my dissertation, but it has such powerful semiotic
potential that I can't bear to sideline it!

Regards,

Phil