Re: Is Martin Packer in the house? Re: [xmca] Re: Boris assists Mike assists Eric

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 25 2007 - 15:05:12 PST

Hi Martin back from wherever
You made crystal clear at that earlier time of the use of the concept of
identity in studies of communities of practice
based on a theoretical approach that adopts a social ontology. Particularly
enlightening was
your explication of the kinds of data that served as your warrants for
theoretical claims.
You were brilliant, so it has been said.

mike
PS. You might write as if a kinsperson of Zygmund Bauman was lurking in the
network just
to make contact with Eirik's helpful post from Professor Bauman. We have
some cross-cultural
conondrums (conondra?) here. Presumably Vygotsky was, at least in part, a
modernist. But he
focused on personality, not identity, as a core concept. Is the difference
disciplinary? Warsaw vs. Gomel?