Re: [xmca] Nobel prize talks stupid things about human intelligence

From: E. Knutsson <eikn6681 who-is-at student.su.se>
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 17:03:41 PDT

David P,

It remains diffuse to me what you mean by "doing science." The Steve Connor
comment says a lot of things (as already mentioned: representing a more
balanced view). The issue here (as far as I am concerned) is not to decide "who
is right" (that would be outside the scope of my competence, anyway) but rather
to emphasize the scholarly legitimacy or value of conflicting views, of
multivocal/polyphonic (or, perhaps, cacophonic) discourses. The papers you
referred to earlier, seem to me to represent that kind of "cacophony."

Eirik.