Re: [Possible SPAM] Re: [Possible SPAM] Re: [xmca] Copernicus, Darwinand Bohr

From: Wolff-Michael Roth <mroth who-is-at uvic.ca>
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 13:37:10 PDT

It's not just my reading---
"That the formulation of subjectivity in terms of the objective, or
already of the thematizable, or even of Being, is already this
dissimulation is what forces Levinas to speak of a sphere which is
not that of being while not being nonbeing -- which is otherwise than
being." (xviii, intro to "Otherwise than Being")

Ontology comes from the Greek verb on, to be (taken up in on-tology),
in Latin esse (taken up in essential, essentialist).

Heidegger begins his book positing Dasein ("Being-there") as the very
ontic-ontological condition for the possibility of all ontologies
("ontisch-ontologische Bedingung der Möglichkeit aller Ontologien" [p.
13]). Heidegger begins with an ontological statement, the existence
of Being-there (something and verb), whereas others (Levinas, Nancy,
Henry, ...) suggest, consistent the way I understand Holzkamp to
argue, that we need to begin prior to Being and Beyond essences.

Michael