RE: [xmca] Degree Program's for advanced scholars

From: Peter Smagorinsky (smago@uga.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 04:41:35 PST

In my unit, I'm not aware of anyone who's bypassed the coursework and gone
straight to thesis. And I agree with the policy, because I believe the
courses are valuable. We do have a relatively low number of required
courses--mainly, 4 research courses of some kind. These may include research
apprenticeships with individual faculty members, which we also require of
each doctoral student.

Peter

Peter Smagorinsky
The University of Georgia
Department of Language and Literacy Education
125 Aderhold Hall
Athens, GA 30602-7123
smago@uga.edu /fax:706-542-4509/phone:706-542-4507/
http://www.coe.uga.edu/lle/faculty/smagorinsky/index.html