[xmca] 2nd Socio-Cultural Theory in Educational Research & Practice Conference

From: Valerie Farnsworth (Valerie.Farnsworth@manchester.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 09:19:54 PST

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Dear Colleague

We are writing to let you know about a conference we are holding in September in Manchester, which we thought you might be interested in attending:

2nd Socio-Cultural Theory in Educational Research & Practice: Theory, Identity and Learning

Scheduled keynote speakers, with expertise in mathematics education, science education and sociocultural theory, include:
Landsdowne Professor Wolff-Michael Roth, Applied Cognitive Science, University of Victoria, British Columbia
Professor Anna Sfard, Department of Education, University of Haifa, Israel; Institute of Education, University of London; Division of Science and Mathematics Education, Michigan State University, US
Dr Etienne Wenger, Independent Researcher and Consultant on Communities of Practice
Professor Julian Williams, Learning, Teaching and Assessment, University of Manchester
Venue: University of Manchester
Date: 10-11 September 2007 (starting 10.30am 10th Sept., ending 4:30pm 11th Sept.)

Further details, including a booking form, are available from the conference website. In addition, in case you think this conference might be of interest to others in your institution, the overview page (http://www.lta.education.manchester.ac.uk/ScTIG/2007conferenceoverview.html) includes a poster about the conference. We would be grateful if you would display this prominently somewhere at your institution or forward this email along to others.

You can find out more about us and the conference via our website www.lta.education.manchester.ac.uk/ScTIG/index.htm

If you experience any problems accessing the website, or have any queries, please email valerie.farnsworth who-is-at manchester.ac.uk.

We hope to meet you at the conference.

Kind Regards,

Dr Pauline Davis, Dr Valerie Farnsworth
and the Sociocultural Theory Interest Group Conference Committee