[xmca] Hirst and Vadeboncoeur article for discussion

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 13:44:07 PST

Dear All--

If you follow the yellow brick road from lchc/discussions to xmca and click
on mca journal
and look on the lower right hand part of the page at erlbaum, you will find
vol13(3) of MCA
which is there for people to download for discussion. You can take the old
road to www.erlbaum.com
then go to journals, mca, and end up in the same spot.

When you arrive at the end of the road you should have before you a PDF file
of

Patrolling the Borders of Otherness: Dis/placed Identity
Positions for Teachers and Students in Schooled Spaces
Elizabeth Hirst
Griffith University
Jennifer A. Vadeboncoeur
The University of British Columbia

We have taken the route of allowing the editors of a large, special issue
on "Semiotic, Dialogic, and Material Spaces,"
to select the article for discussion because they went to all the work of
putting the issue together AND, they
are the ones who will lead this discussion.

A note from Jennifer indicates that we can expect some sort of orienting
intro coming up soon.

If anyone has difficulty with the site, please write to peggy at pbengel at
ucsd dot edu and we will see that you get a copy,
but please, first try the yellow brick or some other cynber road to the
article first.

See you for the discussion.