Re: [xmca] Culturally relevant curriculum and overall school performance

From: Paul Dillon (phd_crit_think@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 04:57:06 PST

Thanks Martin.

Martin Packer <packer@duq.edu> wrote: Paul,

I too was going to mention that work has been done in Mexico, by CONEVYT and
the SEP (Secretaria de Educación Pública). The latter established a
Coordinación General de Educación Intercultural y Bilingüe. Here is an
article by the person who I believe was first to direct that program, Silvia
Schmelkes, on access to higher education by indigenous groups:

and here is her introduction to a special issue of the Revista Mexicana de
Investigación Educativa, on intercultural education:

Martin