Re: [xmca] Culturally relevant curriculum and overall school performance

From: Paul Dillon (phd_crit_think@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 04:38:17 PST

Kevin,

  Thanks for the detailed response. I'm sure it will prove very helpful insofar as many of the people here interested in pursuing the project (including myself) are unaware of these other, similar efforts in developing culturally relevant curriculum.

  I have a more practical problem at the outset: providing evidence of some kind to those who might not be predisposed to these directions that they do in fact generate improved outcomes (e.g., retention, successful completion of grade levels, etc.).

  I will certainly be studying the materials you suggested and following the leads.

  Paul