[xmca] Narrative introducing of

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 15:21:18 PST

Hi All-- I have pestered people on this list a lot to get a way to introduce
students BRIEFLY to writing about narrative for a Comm class (not a psych
or education class). I have found the bruner "two kinds of thought" article
too dense for my students once JSB moves from his sketch of paradigmatic
thought into narrative because the allusions and references are too arcane.
But I have come across H. P. Abbot, The cambridge introduction to narrative
which has an excellent set of intro chapters that are brief and more or less
readable. The rest of the book looks interesting but I go in a different
direction
in the course so can't say how others might use it.

Thanks for your patience.
Fyi