Re: [xmca] real fieldwork experiences of ethnographers

From: bb (xmca-whoever@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 05:56:26 PDT

As I sit in class waiting for my students to arrive, depressed upon driving past a local bbq chain between the low country of S.C. and columbia, which prominantly displays the confederate flag this morning, and who's CEO shows no regrets for opposing the 1964 civil rights bill, it occurs that the real dirty laundry is in the nature of ethnography per se; instanitated in the words researchers use in their publications and otherwise, which betray their personal values and expose the fallacies of achieving an emic perspective.

bb

From: "Mike Cole" <lchcmike@gmail.com>