Re: infant studies, semiotics

From: Jay Lemke (jaylemke@umich.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 14:15:00 PST

This might have been a direction I would have sent research students if I
had been in a different program years ago. There are students today who are
quite interested. I would bet that some work in Australia has gone in this
direction. There was certainly a lot of bubbling in the pot there around
such questions 10 years ago.

Anyone who knows what's been done in this direction, please clue us in!

JAY.

At 07:53 PM 1/13/2005, you wrote:
>Nice to read you online Diane. I'm not successful yet, but if burning out
>is they way there, i'm headed in the right direction.
>
>Mike,
>I just wish someone could take the research around the development of
>literacy such as by Marie Clay, Singer, and others, and respin them off
>their "processing" theoretical models to semiotic models. It seems like
>such an obvious thing to do. I could really build on that, but i can't
>build it.
>
>bb

Jay Lemke
Professor