Singer

From: xmcageek@comcast.net
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 08:28:26 PST

I'm traveling, Peg, so i don't have access to all my lit, but here is sometinhg i was able to recognize, pulled off the web. One thing i don't quite understand is that while this sort of reads more like "functional systems", it seems taken up in practice as "processing", which is why the quotes in the previious post. Anyway, since your understanding greatly exceeds mine, perhaps you might offer some assistance?

Singer, H. (1994). The substrata-factor theory of reading. In Runddell, B., & Runddell, M. (Eds.). Theoretical models and processes of reading (4th ed.), (pp. 895-927). Newark, DE: International Reading Association.