From: Bill Barowy [mailto:xmcageek@comcast.net]
Sent: Thu 11/11/2004 11:39 AM
To: xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: math for reproduction and domination

What I meant was, I'm simply trying to cook some notes, and while that does
not preclude a cultural historical analysis at some  later time, the analysis
at this moment centers on some kids learning some math.  The analysis will
surely and eventually broaden, as yrjo's expansive methodolgy demands.  Peg's
questions concerning NCTM content has already been moving things toward
cultural historical analysis.

And then, I have the impression of some history of xmca conversations going
down the dialectical philosophical path and then, paradoxically, failing to
rise back up again to the concrete.  I'd like to stay concrete as long as
possible.

bb

<<winmail.dat>>