Re: Arievitch discussion

From: Peter Moxhay (moxhap@portlandschools.org)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 07:30:36 PDT

Thanks for the references, Mike.

Trying to revive the Arievitch discussion -- I know that many people on
this list, for example
Eugene, have written eloquently on the problematics of the concept of
internalization. What do you all think of Gal'perin's notions of
internalization and
"the internal" as described by Arievitch?

I'm having some trouble grasping precisely how Gal'perin was
conceptualiizing
the "internal." Can anyone help? And do you think there's some progress
to be
made by going back to Gal'perin on this?

Peter