Re: Response to Steve G on EVI and Bakhurst

From: Steve Gabosch (bebop101@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 05:17:31 PDT

Hi Victor,

Your great response convinced me that I need to, for the moment, put aside
Bakhurst, Jones, and many of the very excellent and important issues and
points you raise, and work specifically on Ilyenkov's article on the
concept of the ideal. I hope you will join me.

Two posts are on their way.

The first post has a large file attachment. I have annotated the EVI
article "The Concept of the Ideal" paragraph by paragraph. Doing this has
been an amazing learning experience. I think I did a pretty good job with
this annotation project.

The second post is a discussion of the EVI article, including some thoughts
I have on possible implications of EVI's concept of the ideal.

- Steve