attachments on xmca

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 09:40:18 PST

Let me suggest that to conserve bandwith ( a shared renewable resource on the
internet) we consider the following. Instead of broadcasting large file
attachments to everyone on xmca, we find a way to put them on a web server,
where folks who are interested can download them when they have the resources
(time, fast connection, hard drive space).

The attachment that Eugene sent has important content, but the overuse of
broadcasted large file attachments can be considered an instrumental
aggression (however unintended) against those who have slower connections and
older computers. IMHO It would be good, in a democratic online environment,
to let message recipients have a choice.

bb