RE: Mead, Honneth and role-taking play

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 25 2003 - 16:11:55 PST

Dear Andy and everybody–

I have started describing Gee’s 3 identities in videogaming (“person”,
“player”, and “character”) but then I decided to scan Gee’s small section
describing his notions. Sorry for this laziness (and poor quality of my home
scanner) but I think Gee in his own voice explains better than I.

Please share your ideas and observations while reading this fragment of
Gee’s book. In my view, his observations are helpful but a bit too
individualistic… but let’s talk after you read his piece.

Eugene

  _____