RE: Mead, Honneth and role-taking play

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 16:52:50 PST

Thank you Eugene!
You know it's so easy to learn from an old Marxist (Elkonin) that some
concept (role-play) is an historical product, and then in the very next
minute forget to reflect on the work that history has done since, in
producing one's own times!!

Just one question about Gee's idea: What is meant by the "emerging
three-fold identities in a player during video games"? I am totally
intrigued and cannot guess!

Andy