Re: bill can't post

From: Phil Chappell (phil_chappell@access.inet.co.th)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2003 - 21:05:11 PST

Bill and All,
This sounds like a great idea. Just to muddy the already muddied
waters, I would add the quite short article by Wood, Bruner and Ross,
The Role of Tutoring in Problem Solving, which introduced that other
thorny metaphor, scaffolding (30 years ago). I guess we can talk about
logistics after everyone has finished their egg nogging. I have some
data collected from second language classrooms where I have been
looking at ways that students (adults) support each other in language
learning activity. It was transcribed by a novice (me) but it might be
useful.

Phil