Re: leaving education behind

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 06:42:27 PST

In a message dated 1/17/2003 2:09:02 PM Central Standard Time,
mcole@weber.ucsd.edu writes:

> Other No Child Left Behind provisions, such as ensuring that all teachers =
> are "highly qualified" by the government's definition and instituting =
> programs dealing with school safety,

This subject just can't leave my mental landscape. Beginning with the very
day that I stepped into a classroom and followed through a failed student
teacher stint [that was somehow supposed to be a better training then the 8
years I had already spent working in the SAME local education agency] I find
it both weighing and elitist that I got my credentials by a path most have
not followed. I would like to write of this experience so that others may
know both the EDUCATION i received along the weigh and the insight into the
power structure of a Major urban school district.

Anybody interested in reading?
eric