Re: leaving education behind

From: Derrel Fincher (Derrel@Fincher.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 19:41:56 PST

Sounds fascinating! As a mid-career switch to teaching myself, I'm interested in other's experiences with the process.

Derrel

At 09:42 AM 1/20/2003 -0500, you wrote:

In a message dated 1/17/2003 2:09:02 PM Central Standard Time, mcole who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu writes:

Other No Child Left Behind provisions, such as ensuring that all teachers =
are "highly qualified" by the government's definition and instituting =
programs dealing with school safety,

This subject just can't leave my mental landscape. Beginning with the very day that I stepped into a classroom and followed through a failed student teacher stint [that was somehow supposed to be a better training then the 8 years I had already spent working in the SAME local education agency] I find it both weighing and elitist that I got my credentials by a path most have not followed. I would like to write of this experience so that others may know both the EDUCATION i received along the weigh and the insight into the power structure of a Major urban school district.

Anybody interested in reading?
eric