Re: Empirical implications of a focus on emergence

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 14:23:26 PDT

In a message dated 5/30/2002 11:56:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
krocap@csulb.edu writes:

> I'm fairly certain I've obfuscated some fundamental methodological
> clarity in my question, which is why I preface with an admission of
> naivete. But perhaps the clarification would benefit others as well?

Kevin, if I may I would like to piggyback on this and ask Keith to clarify
how it is he views emergence; as individual novel behavior or as group novel
behavior and if you classify it in both terms how is it that you
differentiate the cause of the studied emergent phenomena?

eric