Re: metaphors of half bakedness

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 09:26:34 PDT

Hi alena-- How about the metaphor from Russian of "pol-fabrican"-- half
prepared. I have not made bread since I was a grad student, but over and
over again the half-baked idea as in partially cooked up, has been productive
in thinking about the exchange of ideas on xmca.

I would relate the "punching" part of the bread making metaphor to how eric
feels at times when he gets "home from the salt mines." For the kind of bread
we used to make, kneeding the dough, the real verb, may be more appropriate.
Massassing could pass on some occasions as well.

The main part of the metaphor from me focuses on how usefully partly prepared
ideas have been in prior xmca discussions.

non-violently yours.
mike
.,