Re: Laszlo's New Crisis

From: Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu (rjapias@uol.com.br)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 17:26:18 PDT

Well, I'm not a psychologist but just a curious on Vygotsky's ideas. So, forgive-me if I say any silly thing here but It seems to me that those tree systems pointed by Vygotsky (psychoanalisis, behaviourism and introspeccionism) entails, each of them, a particular - different - meaning to what would be a "general psychology" and, therefore, I cannot see how a "dual explanation" could help on constructing a general psychology - although dicothomies have indeed a pedagogical dimension.

  A system of logic that allows for this dual explanation is going to do a much better job of constructing a General Psychology.
  eric