Laszlo's New Crisis

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 14:35:38 PDT

My understanding of this new paper is that it is an attempt to readdress that
which LSV researched and discussed in the 1920's; the fragmented nature of
the General Field of Psychology. LSV's historical perspective is that the
individual specialty branches were trying to win supuriority of explanation
thereby alienating each other. Laszlo's current view of our present history
is that the General Field of Psychology still maintains a fragmented practice
because of clear methodological issues that are separated based on
qualitative data and quantifyable data. I must thank you though Bruce for
readdressing the current Crisis paper because as I was rereading the pages
following the quote I pasted yesterday I equated Laszlo's thoughts about the
economic issues surrounding the qualitative/quantitative crisis to Vygotsky's
mention of Kant's Logical constructs allowing this separation but Hegel's
Transitional aspect of dialectic logic providing a method for understanding
phenomenon in a subject/object paradigm. A system of logic that allows for
this dual explanation is going to do a much better job of constructing a
General Psychology.

Laszlo, help?

eric