Re(3): Re(2): Re(2): Words as commodity/client

From: Charles Nelson (c.nelson@mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 08:32:09 PDT

Martin,

>Nevertheless there is a mutuality in
>the process which is not the same as providing a service: we work together
>on this.

Definitely working together is something to strive for. It's
interesting how slight nuances change the perspective. It would seem
that "providing a service" takes away from mutuality, but the concept
of "serving" would promote it.

>Sometimes
>we are "members" and that puts responsibilities upon us which go well
>beyond client/service provider activity.

<snipping>

>Now you might say my University should provide a service: reliable
>accommodation , books in the library and so on. The administration do
>provide a "service"

I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but it sounds as if the
administration is not a "member" of the University.

Charles