Re: any more on chapter 5?

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 14:21:22 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>Going over the comments so far, I realize that I missed diane's point,
>that
>it's all theatre, which I don't disagree with. I just believe strongly in
>the everyday as a site for intervention.

the everyday IS 'theatre' - right? so is there a difference between
recognizing theatre in the everyday,
and positioning the everyday as distinct from theatre/social performance?
diane

> Performance artists 'go there' -
>but the effects they have are contained within the arts/ a critical
>community. Outside the brackets devoted to thinking in terms of artifice,
>we need to do more to intervene in the constructions we live through.

performance is, in the artistic sense, an intervention into the 'everyday'
of the audience -
again, how are these distinctions manifesting for you?

diane,
the lone voice of contradiction in an apparently shared activity?
ha ha

"If you'll excuse me now, I'd like to be alone with my sandwich."
Homer