Re: slow/fast/open/closed

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 07:52:28 PST

Bill,

Thanks for your reply as I began to worry that you were only referring to
taking up documents such as the one we are reading rather than dealing with
the broader question of how the historical dimension as a whole is to be
taken. I will also be brief.

As I see it there are two issues:

1. In what sense can history be understood as a text? This implies a
certain theoretical perspective that I feel might be antithetical to the
theoretical presuppositions of activity theory.

2. In this sense the older discussions surrounding Althusser (structural
history) seem to be relevant.

Paul H. Dillon